Saturday, Sept. 7
• Bark and Brews Festival: The 9th Bark Brew Fest presented by Tails at the Barkery and the Dirty Oar Beer Company on Saturday, Sept. 9 at the Dirty Oar Beer Company, located at 329 King Street from 5-7 p.m. in Cocoa Village. It’s College Football Season! Show support for your favorite team, bring your canine companion, sip your favorite libation, enjoy delicious food from Soul X Hibachi, and join us for an evening of fun, including raffle baskets and a 50/50 drawing. All proceeds to benefit Great Dane Love – A Central Florida Rescue, Inc. All pets must be on a leash (or in appropriate carriers) and have current vaccinations and county tags for the safety of our animals and friends. All donations are Tax Deductible and greatly appreciated. For more information, call (321) 301-4306.
Saturday, Sept. 14
• Housing for Homeless 30th Anniversary: Housing for Homeless 30th Anniversary Gala will take place on Saturday, Sept. 14 Housing for Homeless is 501 (c) (3) non-profit and has been helping Brevard County Veterans and the homeless with support services and safe housing solutions that enables them to move from our care to their own affordable housing. Please come out and enjoy a night of music, dancing, and silent auctions on Saturday, Sept. 14 at 8 p.m. at the Indian River Colony Club, located at 1936 Freedom Drive in Melbourne. Cost per ticket is $80. For RSVPs and more information, contact Starlene Fitchpatrick at 321-636-0166, email starlene@housingforhomeless or visit www.housingforhomeless
• Sebastian Night Sound concert: The Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s Sebastian Inlet State Park will hold the Night Sounds concert series on Saturday, Sept. 14 Hosted by the Friends of Sebastian Inlet State Park, the concert will showcase Vintage. Vintage started out impressing people young and old with their musicianship and musical tastes because of their young age. Now, after playing extensively in the Central Florida area for over 10 years, they impress on their talent and entertainment alone. As one of the most popular and hardest working bands in Brevard county, Vintage bring energy and passion while playing their own takes on music spanning the last 50 years. Come see Vintage and you will leave with a smile on your face guaranteed! The concert will take place at the pavilions on Coconut Point, located on the south side of Sebastian Inlet. The concert is free with regular park entry fees. The concert will take place at Sebastian Inlet State Park, located at 14251 North A1A
Sunday, Sept. 15
•Swingtime Vocal Trio: The Swingtimers Vocal Trio (SVT),a small ensemble of the Melbourne Municipal Band, will bring its popular close-harmony performance to the Catherine Schweinsberg Rood Central Library, located at 308 Forrest Ave., on Sunday, Sept. 15 at 3:00 p.m. The rich vocals of the trio span many genres, including music from the Great American Songbook, swing and rock. The group was formed six years ago and consists of Connie Maltby, Diana Sageser and founder Dave Hutson. The concert is free. For more information about the concert, call the MMB at 321-339-7705.
Wednesday, Sept. 18 - Thursday, Sept. 19
•No Stings Attached: The Melbourne Municipal Band (MMB) begins a new season of free community concerts with “No Strings Attached,” on Sept, 18 and 19, 2019, beginning at 7:30 p.m. at the Melbourne Auditorium, 625 E. Hibiscus Blvd. There is no charge and tickets are not required. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. The concert features music originally written for orchestra, which has been transcribed for band. “We will play Puccini's gorgeous Nessun Dormafrom Turandot, Franz von Suppé's popular Poet and Peasant Overture, Copland's Hoe-Down, as well as works by Berlioz, Tchaikovsky, Wagner and more,” said Conductor Staci Rosbury. For more information, call 321-724-0555 or visit www.MelbourneMunicipalBand.org/ for more information.
Friday, Sept. 20
•Swingtime's Fall Kick-Off: Another season of toe-tapping music begins as Swingtime presents its annual Fall Kick-Off Dance, beginning at 7 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 20, at the Melbourne Auditorium, 625 E. Hibiscus Blvd. Dance tickets are $12. Vocalists Len Fallen and Sally Hart will perform. Beginning with the September event, all Swingtime dance tickets are $12 and reserved seating at specific tables is available only by purchasing tickets online. The dance is BYOB. Snacks and mixers will be available for purchase. Those who would like to brush up on dancing skills can do so from 6 to 7 p.m., when Laura Beers offers lessons (www.adancersvoice.comor 751-4766). The fee for lessons is $5, payable to the instructor. For more information and ticket purchases, contact MMB Auxiliary President Marci Hutson at 321-339-7705 or visit www.MelbourneMunicipalBand.org.
Friday, Sept. 20 - Saturday, Sept. 21
•Comedy Zone at Riverside: The Riverside Theatre, located at 3250 Riverside Park Drive in Vero Beach will host The Comedy Zone Experience on Friday, Sept. 20 and Saturday, Sept. 21 at 7:30 and 9:30 p.m. Riverside’s showcase of professional comedians touring the comedy circuit takes the Waxlax Stage. Comedians are: Tim the Dairy Farmer and BC Murphy. Tickets for comedian showcase are $12 - $18. Free music at the Live in the Loop outdoor stage. For more information or ticket purchases, call 772-231-5860 or visit www.riversidetheatre.com.
Saturday, Sept. 21
•Walk to End Alzheimers: The Alzheimer’s Association® invites Space Coast residents to join the fight to end Alzheimer’s by participating in the Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s. The Walk will take place Saturday, September 21 at 8 a.m. at Riverfront Park, located at 401 Riveredge Boulevard in Historic Cocoa Village. Participants can join a team or register to walk as an individual at alz.org/walk. For more information, call 1-800-272-3900.
• Green Gables Murder Mystery: "Death of a Gangster" Mafia Marriage Murder Mystery dinner show is an interactive evening of murder and mayhem! Wear your best 1920's attire to add to the fun (optional). Date: Saturday, September 21 at Holy Names of Jesus Community Room, 3050 Hwy A1A in Indialantic. Time : 6 - 9 p.m. $45 per ticket. Includes spaghetti & meatballs, salad, rolls, beverage, and of course, wedding cake! Limited spots available. Tables of 8 for $320. Melbourne (check or cash only). All proceeds benefit Green Gables at Historic Riverview Village. For tickets visit www.brownpapertickets.com also available at Green Gables, Saturdays 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. at 1501 S. Harbor City Boulevard in Melbourne.
Friday, Sept. 27
•Taste of the Coast: The Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce (CBRCC) is hosting the 6th Annual Taste of the Coast event on Friday, September 27 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Cocoa Beach Country Club, located at 5000 Tom Warriner Boulevard in Cocoa Beach. Residents and area guests will have the opportunity to sample foods from a variety of both well-known establishments and newcomers to the Space Coast. General admission is $20.00 per person in advance and $25.00 at the door and includes sampling of all food and beverages offered. Additional beverages are available for purchase. For more information or to purchase tickets online, visit www.cocoabeachchamber.com.
Friday, Sept. 27 - Saturday, Sept. 28
• Howl at the Moon at Riverside: The Riverside Theatre, located at 3250 Riverside Park Drive in Vero Beach will present Howl at the Moon on Friday and Saturday, Sept 13-14 at 7:30 p.m. More than a dueling pianos show, Howl at the Moon is a high-energy music show. Come sing, dance, and howl as the most talented musicians perform your favorite rock, pop, and dance hits from the 80’s, 90’s, and today. Free music at Live in the Loop outdoor stage. Performances take place on the Waxlax Stage at Riverside Theatre. Local musicians will continue to perform on our outdoor stage between Howl performances. Tickets are $12-$22. For more information or ticket purchases, call 772-231-5860 or visit www.riversidetheatre.com.
Sunday, Oct. 6
• 20th Season Opening Concert: The Central Florida Winds will open its 20th season with music by Dvorak, Mahler, Tchaikovsky, Holst, Milhaud, Giannini, and Shostakovich. Featured guest artist, soprano Mary Anne Kruger, will sing Dvorak's tender and yearning Song to the Moon, as well as Mahler's At Midnight. Please join us for an afternoon of glorious music. The concert will take place on Sunday, Oct. 6 from 3-4:30 p.m. at Suntree United Methodist Church, located at 7400 N Wickham Road in Melbourne. For more information, contact Lynne Brownrigg at 321-405-2359, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.cfwinds.com
Wednesday, Oct. 9 - Thursday, Oct. 10
• Salute to Big Band: Swingtime, presents "Salute to Big Band Vocalists and Groups Concert" a free concert at the Melbourne Auditorium, located at 625 E. Hibiscus Boulevard in Melbourne on Wednesday, Oct. 9 and Thursday Oct. 10 at 7:30 p.m. This concert celebrates the Big Band vocalists like Frank Sinatra, Tex Beneke and the Modernaires, Ray Eberle and the Pied Pipers. The New Horizons Band will present the pre-show performance. For more information, call 321-724-0555 or visit www.melbournemunicipalband.org.
Saturday, Oct. 12
• 2019 Viva Brevard Festival: On Saturday, Oct. 12 the Viva Brevard Festival will take place from 12-6 p.m. at Fred Poppe Regional Park, located at 1951 Malabar Rd NW in Palm Bay. Come celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month. Enjoy an explosion of entertainment with live music, Latin food, business expo, kids' zone, bounce houses, face painting, arts and crafts, and much more. For more information, call (321) 327-8938 or visit www.playpalmbay.org
• Classic Albums Live 2019: Classic Albums Live 2019 Summer Concert Series package holders may renew from Oct. 13 to Nov. 19. New series package holders may subscribe from Dec. 7 to May 11. Individual concerts go on sale Friday, Jan. 11 at noon. Series packages are $156 and $186, including fees. Individual concert tickets are $31.75 and $40.75, including fees. Classic Albums Live takes classic albums and recreates them live, on stage - note for note, cut for cut. Founded in 2003 by Craig Martin, Classic Albums Live has become the ultimate destination for music lovers wanting to hear the greatest albums performed live without all the gimmickry and cheesy impersonations. Relying only on the music, using what Martin refers to as 'the world's best musicians,' Classic Albums Live has defined itself as a mainstay in Performing Arts Centers across North America. For more information, call (321) 242-2219 or go to www.kingcenter.com.
• Salute to the Vocalist: A free concert by Swingtime on Wednesday and Thursday, October 9 and 10 at 7:30 p.m. (pre-show at 6:30 by the New Horizons Band) Let us take you back in time to the Big Band Era when each band had its own vocalists or vocal group. This concert celebrates the Big Band vocalists like Frank Sinatra, Tex Beneke and the Modernaires, Ray Eberle and the Pied Pipers. The concert will take place at the Melbourne Auditorium, located at 625 E. Hibiscus Boulevard in Melbourne. Admission is free. Tickets not required. For more information, call 724-0555, email: email@example.com, or visit www.melbournemunicipalband.org
• Sock Hop Dance: The Sock Hop, a dance with music by the Rock and Roll Revue will take place from 7- 9 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 17 at the Melbourne Auditorium. Dance to music of the 50s and 60s provided by a 12-piece combo with a male vocalist and a Doo-Wop trio. The Melbourne Auditorium is located at 625 E. Hibiscus Boulevard in Melbourne All seats are $12. Reserved seats may be purchased online at our website, melbournemunicipalband.org. General Admission (non-reserved) seats may be purchased at our ticket outlets: Marion Music in Palm Bay, Brass and Reed Music Center in Merritt Island, Guitar Haven in Indian Harbour Beach, Ocean Sports World in Cocoa Beach, Genesis Boutique in Melbourne, Bold Cup Coffee in Viera, and Jan’s You-Frame-It in Cocoa Village. Outlets accept cash or checks only. A limited number of General Admission tickets will also be available at the door the night of the dance. For more information, call 321-339-7705, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.melbournemunicipalband.org
• Wizards of Winter: The Wizards of Winter will preform that the Melbourne Auditorium on Thursday, November 14 at 8 p.m. The Melbourne Auditorium is located at 625 E Hibiscus Boulevard in Melbourne. The Wizards of Winter is a holiday rock event for the whole family. Featuring former members of classic rock bands such as: The Trans-Siberian Orchestra, The Irish Tenors, Rainbow, Blu Oyster Cult, Alice Cooper Band and others, this is a show that you don’t want to miss. All seats require reservation. Tickets start at $49. For more information and ticket purchases, visit www.etix.com or www.elkoconcerts.com.
• Straight No Chaser at King Center: A Cappella group, Straight No Chaser has emerged as a phenomenon with a massive fanbase, numerous national TV appearances and proven success with CD releases. They have just announced plans for another epic U.S. concert tour, “The Open Bar Tour.” The tour will make a stop at the King Center, located at 3865 N. Wickham Road in Melbourne on Nov. 13 at 7:30 p.m.. Tickets go on sale Friday, May 10 at noon. Tickets start at $34.50, including fees. For more information, call (321) 242-2219 or go to www.kingcenter.com.
• 5th Annual HGF Family Day: Enjoy a fun-filled day in celebration of National Growth Awareness Week at the Kennedy Space Center, located at Space Commerce Way in Merritt Island from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $10-25 per person. Learn about childhood growth disorders, bully prevention, meet/greet & photo with an astronaut. Plus! catered lunch, and a tour of the Kennedy Space Center. All ages welcome. Limited spots are available. This event is hosted by the Human Growth Foundation. For more information and registration, visit www.HGFFamilyDay.net.