Friday, Nov. 22
•"Sparkle & Shine" in downtown Titusville: On Friday, Nov 22nd from 6-9 p.m., jump start the holiday season when several Titusville shops join forces to help you "Sparkle & Shine”. We invite you to casually stroll downtown, enjoying the lights as you sip on complimentary wine and shop in historic downtown Titusville during this fun evening event. Enjoy a glass of wine as you visit Hotpoint Boutique at 326 S. Washington Ave where Julie is featuring shiny baubles, glimmering jewelry and Christmas ornaments. Go next door to MacSweets Bakery where Gretchen has created decadent holiday cookies and sparkly treats and you can order holiday cakes. Then cross the street to the Downtown Art Gallery where Heidi and her crew of local artists present shimmering jewelry, unique holiday gifts, and artwork to make your home shine. And don’t forget to enter the free
drawing for a beautiful gift basket! For more information call 321-268-0122 or visit the event page on Facebook Sparkle & Shine.
• Dover String Quartet: On Friday, November 22 at 7:30 p.m. at St. Mark's Church, located at 2030 N Hwy A1A in Indialantic, the Melbourne Chamber Music Society will present the Dover String Quartet in a concert of the music of Mozart, Hindemith, and Brahms. Ticket are $35 adults, and $10 students. For more information and ticket purchases, call 321-213-5100, or visit www.melbournechambermusicsociety.org
• Steven Wright's deadpan at King Center: On Thursday, November 21, at 8 p.m. Academy Award winner, Steven Wright, will perform at the King Center. Wright got his big break on “The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.” The king of late night enjoyed the performance so much he invited Steven to appear again the following Thursday, a rarity on “The Tonight Show.” His back-to-back appearances helped put his fledgling career into high gear. The comic soon found himself performing his off-beat routines on “Saturday Night Live,” “Late Night with David Letterman,” and numerous trips back to “The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.” Wright expanded his comedy career to include several comedy albums, and numerous film and television appearances as a performer, director and writer. Wright was the first inductee into The Boston Comedy Hall of Fame in 2008 and was the recipient of The Johnny Carson Comedy Legend Award. Steven is a regular guest with Conan O’Brien, Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Meyers and continues touring the U.S., Canada and overseas. Tickets starting at $34.50 (inclusive of fees)
Saturday, Nov. 23
• Festival of the Trees: On Saturday, November 23 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. the Junior League of South Brevard is excited to announce their annual Festival of Trees event. This family-friendly event is an annual community fundraiser that allows us to continue improving Brevard County through financial and volunteer commitments. We invite all of our neighbors in and around Brevard County, Florida to participate and attend. The event will take place at the Viera Regional Park Community Center, located at 2300 Judge Fran Jamieson Way in Melbourne. For more information, call 321-610-8950 or email email@example.com
• Fall Owl Prowl: Join the Turkey Creek Sanctuary for their Fall Owl Prowl on Saturday, Nov. 23 from 6-8 p.m at the Turkey Creek Sanctuary, located 1518 Port Malabar Blvd NE in Palm Bay. The Owl Prowl consists of approximately 45 minutes of classroom discussion on the biology and identification of owl species in Florida. The remainder of class time will be spent in the Sanctuary, calling for owls at various locations on the board-walk and primitive trails. During the field portion of the class, students and instructors will be traveling to different habitats within the Sanctuary. The cost is $7 per person. This program is for ages 10 and up. For more information, call (321) 676-6690 or visit www.playpalmbay.org
Sunday, Nov. 24
•Humane Society Critter Run: The Brevard Humane Society will host the 22nd Annual Critter Run on Sunday, Nov. 24 at the Brevard Humane Society located at 1020 Cox Road in Cocoa. The cost to participate in the poker run will be $7.00 per hand or two hands for $10.00. The first bike out will leave at 10 a.m. with the last one departing at 11:30 a.m. The last bike is due in at 4 p.m at H&D Roadhouse located at 1811 E. Merritt Island Causeway. Event activities include a 50/50 Drawing, Silent Auction, Door Prizes, and Live Music. Motorcycles & other motorized vehicles are welcome. For more information, call 321-302-4828.
Thursday, Nov. 28
• Cocoa Beach Turkey Trot 5K: A Cocoa Beach road race for runners and walkers through residential Cocoa Isles. Youth runs of 1/4, 1/2, and 1 mile for the little gobblers. Get your Thanksgiving off to a healthy start and create a great holiday tradition with family and friends. All finishers receive a commemorative medal. Unisex tri-blend t-shirt to first 2,500 entries. Post-race refreshments at Jenna's Breezeway Grille. Dozens of fabulous and festive door prizes. Tickets are $25 thru 11/7; $30 thru 11/27; $35 race day. The race is sponsored by the Cocoa Beach Kiwanis and starts at 8 a.m. at 20 N. Brevard Avenue in Cocoa Beach. To sign up or for more information, visit https://runsignup.com/Race/FL/CocoaBeach/CocoaBeachTurkeyTrot5k
Saturday, Nov. 30
• Shop Small Sip & Stroll: Historic Cocoa Village will host a Shop Small Sip and Strolled on Saturday, Nov 30 from 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. For the ticket price of $25, you will receive a Sip & Stroll commemorative wine or beer glass, a handy Historic Cocoa Village shopping bag and a map of the participating merchants. Don’t forget – your ticket purchase automatically enters you into the drawing for one of our fabulous gift baskets. Additionally, for each of the outlying businesses visited, (marked in red on the map), a chance to win the special Outlying basket is earned. That’s one additional chance to win for EACH Outlying business visited. Then the fun begins… stroll through the streets of Cocoa Village sampling wines, enjoying treats and taking advantage of merchants’ special deals. It’s a fun way to find those unique gifts available only in the Village. Event usually sells out. For early ticket purchases visit, Ossorio Café & Bakery in the Village or at www.Eventbrite.com. For more information, contact Susan at 321-631-9075.
• Lights, Wine and Cheese: Join Rockledge Gardens, located at 2153 U.S. 1 in Rockledge on Saturday, Nov. 30 from 6-9 p.m. for an evening of magically lit festive fun! Sip wine (2 glasses are included in admission fee), cider or hot cocoa as you listen to live music and munch cheese and crackers or yummy eats from the food truck! Bring blankets or chairs to watch classic holidays movies on the lawn, enjoy roasting s'mores by our fire pit or take a stroll around the gardens covered in twinkle lights. We'll be open for an extra 3 hours so this is a great time to pick out your poinsettias and Christmas trees, or choose some holiday gifts from our Farmer's Market. This year we'll be a Marine Toys for Tots Foundation drop off location, so please feel free to bring NEW, unwrapped toys that you would like to donate. A portion of the proceeds from this ticketed event will be donated to Marine Toys for Tots Foundation. Tickets are $5 for children (12 & under) and $10 for adults if purchased online in advance, tickets will be $10 for children (12 & under) and $20 for adults at the door on the day of the event. For more information, visit Eventbrite.com or call 321-636-7662.
•2019 Fall Fest: Join the fun at Malabar Community Park, located at 1840 Malabar Road for our 2019 Fall Fest from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. This years event is sponsored by Waste Management, Florida Power and Light, Best Western Plus in Sebastian, and several others. The festival will have a car show, hot food, located arts and crafts vendors and, a kids zone, Jaws of Life demonstration, Medivac Helicopter flight and much more. Free and family-friendly event and family can meet the neighbours. Vendor spots are still open and for more information, call Richard Kohler at 321-727-7764.
Sunday, Dec. 1
• Thomas Keesecker Hymn Concert: Ascension Lutheran Church, located at 1053 Pinetree Drive in Indian Harbour Beach will host composer and pianist Thomas Keesecker on Sunday, Dec. 1 at 3 p.m. Mr. Keesecker will lead us in an inspirational hour of piano music, reflection, poetry, laughter, and hymn singing, featuring his collection of piano music, The Quiet Center. Hymns featured in the program include:' O Come, O Come, Emmanuel," "Lo! How a Rose E'r Blooming," "The King Shall Come When Morning Dawns," and others. The concert is free and open to the public. For more information, call (321)-773-1815.
Thursday, Dec. 5 -
Saturday, Dec. 7
• Frozen Jr. at Riverside: From Thurday, Dec. 5 through Saturday, Dec. 7, Riverside Theater, located at 3250 Riverside Park Drive in Vero Beach, is Frozen Jr. A story of true love and acceptance between sisters, Frozen JR. expands upon the animated movie focusing on the emotional relationship and journey between Princesses Anna and Elsa. Filled with all the great music from the film, with a cast of beloved characters and loaded with magic, adventure, and plenty of humor, Frozen JR. is sure to thaw even the coldest heart. Dec. 5 & 6 at 7 p.m. and Dec. 7 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tickets: $10. Performances take place on the Stark Stage at Riverside Theatre. For more information or ticket purchases, call 772-231-5860 or visit www.riversidetheatre.com.
Friday, Dec. 6
• Holiday Dance: The Melbourne Auditorium, located at 625 E. Hibiscus Boulevard in Melbourne, will host a holiday dance and kick off the holiday season with the toe-tapping dance tunes you love. Reserve a table and bring your friends to have a party. The dance will take place on Friday, Dec. 6 from 7-10 p.m. Tickets are $12. For more information or ticket purchases, call 321-724-0555 or visit www.melbournemunicipalband.org
• Christmas in the Park: Come out to the Liscomb Community Center, located at 3316 Monroe Street in Melbourne, for "Christmas in the Park", night of carolling live performances, hay-rides, games, crafts, and photos with Mr. and Mrs. Claus. Youth will be able to write letters to Santa. Local churches are welcome to participate. The event will take place on Friday, Dec. 6 and will run from 6-9 p.m. For for information, call 321-608-7450.
• Jazz Friday at Foosner: The Foosner Art Museum presents Jazz Friday with Ashton Bailey-Gould from 5:30-7:30 on Friday, Dec. 6, in the Harris Auditorium. The Foosner Art Musuem is located at 1463 Highland Avenue in Melbourne. Tickets are free for museum members and $10 for guests. For more information, call (321) 674-8916 or visit www.foosanerartmuseum.org
• Margaritas For Mangroves Fundraiser: The 4th annual BMW Margaritas For Mangroves Holiday Fundraiser will take place Friday, Dec. 6 at Melbourne BMW, located at 1432 S Harbor City Blvd Melbourne from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Featuring: Complimentary Tapas & Margarita Service, Live Music from, Silent Auction, Live Auction, Prizes, Winning Margarita Contest Announcement, and Keynote Speaker. The event features Brevard’s most popular businesses, EL Leoncito Viera, The Nomad Café, Cuban Island Restaurant, The Melting Pot, The Jungle Organic Restaurant, Chili’s of Palm Bay, Old School Pizza, The Bar Butlers, A Better Copy, Paddling Paradise, Dr Baiker Family & Cosmetic Dentist, & Great Faces Rx at Renata’s Salon, to name a few. This is a great opportunity to meet the MRC team to discuss all your lagoon questions and concerns. Each participating local business will present a classic margarita and a flavored margarita to be judged by the event attendees. Each attendee will be given 3 tickets to vote for their favorite margarita, from which the best margarita of the lagoon will be chosen. The winner will receive bragging rights and a $1,500 marketing package from iHeart Radio. Ticket costs start at $45. For more information and ticket purchases, visit www.facebook.com/events/2190738814303246/
Friday, Dec. 6 -
Saturday, Dec. 7
• Comedy Zone at Riverside: The Riverside Theatre, located at 3250 Riverside Park Drive in Vero Beach will host The Comedy Zone Experience on Friday, Dec. 6 and Saturday, Dec. 7 at 7:30 and 9:30 p.m. Welcome the holiday season with a festively decorated Riverside campus featuring music and holiday surprises. Scheduled comedians to be determined. Free outdoor concerts are held in the Live In The Loop outdoor stage featuring local bands. Tickets for comedian showcase are $12 - $18. Free music at the Live in the Loop outdoor stage. For more information or ticket purchases, call 772-231-5860 or visit www.riversidetheatre.com.
Saturday, Dec. 7
• Bible On Parade: The 30th Annual Christian Christmas Procession celebrates the birth of Jesus through “The Bible On Parade”, Saturday, Dec. 7. In 1990 the parade began with 45 churches and ministries that came to the call of unity in Jesus Christ to then go out in the unity of our faith to freely offer Jesus to our community at no cost to them. Freely we have received, freely we give. The procession will depart and return from the Melbourne Auditorium located at 625 E. Hibiscus Boulevard in Melbourne. Admission is free and children will receive a raffle ticket good towards the celebration following the parade. Free pizza, cake and drinks will be provided. For more information visit www.thebibleonparade.org.
• The Nutcracker: Space Coast Ballet Company’s The Nutcracker will be performed at 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, at the Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts, located at 3865 N. Wickham Road, Melbourne. The Space Coast Ballet celebrates its 16th year of bringing The Nutcracker to the King Center. Tickets start at $25.50. Military, first responders, and children age 12 and younger will receive a 10 percent discount. Everyone, including infants and toddlers, must have a ticket. For more information, call 321-242-2219 or go to www.kingcenter.com.
• Toys for Tots Dinner & Dance: The Elks Lodge, located at 731 S. Fleming Street in Sebastian will host a Toys for Tots dinner and dance with "Remember When". Enjoy a beautiful evening of dining and dance in support of the Marines Toys for Tots Please help make a child smile by bringing an unwrapped toy donation. The event will run from 6-9 p.m. Tickets are $20 and available at the Lodge. For more information, call (772) 589-1516.
• Palm Bay Holiday Light Parade: Enjoy the Biggest Holiday Parade on the Space Coast. The 2.5 mile parade will leave the Eastern Florida State College campus and head north on San Filippo Drive. It will then move west on Malabar Road and end at Minton Road, in front of City Hall. Dozens of brightly lit floats, high school marching bands, cheer squads, motorized vehicles, and more will delight the crowd and usher in the holiday season. The parade will take place on Saturday, Dec. 7 beginning at 6:30 p.m. at Malabar Rd NE between San Filippo Dr SE and City Hall in Palm Bay. For more information, call (321) 952-3443 or email HolidayParade@pbfl.org
Sunday, Dec. 8
• Tis the Season: Greater Palm Bay Senior Center presents “Tis The Season For Music” performed by the Golden Tones and Pretenders. Concert December 8 at 3:00 p.m. Doors open at 2:30 p.m.. Tickets available at 1275 Culver Drive, Palm Bay, FL 32907, by choir members or at the front desk at $7.00 pp. Bring your best singing voice as there will be a bit of audience participation. For more information, call 321-724-1338.
• Christmas Quartet: The Adagio Sax Quartet (ASQ) returns for its annual holiday concert in a program of traditional Christmas carols and modern holiday tunes. The event will be held Sunday, December 8, at 3:00 p.m., at St. Timothy Lutheran Church, located at 1903 Croton Road, in Melbourne. The concert is free. A $10 donation is suggested. ASQ is one of few sax quartets in the area and is considered one of the best. In addition to Hutson, musicians include: Andrew Cleaver, soprano and first alto sax, who spent 20 years in Air Force bands, including the Airmen of Note; Alissa Kanocz, second alto, who is the band and orchestra teacher at Stone Magnet Middle School; and John Babb, tenor sax, who came to the area from Atlanta, where he played in the pit band of several theaters and who plays with Swingtime. The Adagio Sax Quartet is a small ensemble of the Melbourne Municipal Band, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
For more information about the Adagio Sax Quartet Hutson at 321-501-3722 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, Dec. 11
- Thursday, Dec. 12
• Songs of the Season Concert: The Melbourne Municipal Band will present a Songs of the Season concert Wednesday, Dec. 11 to Thursday, Dec. 12 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for the event are free and open to the public. MMB’s annual gift to our community – a program of music that celebrates the spirit of the season. Santa and Mrs. Claus have been known to make an appearance at this event! The Sunshine Brass Quintet will present the pre-show performance. The concert will take place at the Melbourne Auditorium, located at 625 E. Hibiscus Boulevard in Melbourne. Open to all ages and free to attend. For more information or ticket purchases, call 321-724-0555 or visit www.melbournemunicipalband.org.
Friday, Dec. 13
- Saturday, Dec. 14
• Howl at the Moon Ugly Sweater Party: The Riverside Theatre, located at 3250 Riverside Park Drive in Vero Beach will present Howl at the Moon on Friday and Saturday, Dec. 13-14 at 7:30 p.m. More than a dueling pianos show, Howl at the Moon is a high-energy music show. Come sing, dance, and enjoy the festive decorations as the most talented musicians perform your favorite rock, pop, and dance hits. Bring your ugliest sweater and be entered to win a great prize! Local musicians will continue to perform on our outdoor stage. Free music at Live in the Loop outdoor stage. Performances take place on the Waxlax Stage at Riverside Theatre. Local musicians will continue to perform on our outdoor stage between Howl performances. Tickets are $12-$22. For more information or ticket purchases, call 772-231-5860 or visit www.riversidetheatre.com.
Saturday, Dec. 14
• Messiah with Brevard Chorus: The King Center for the Preforming Arts, located at 3865 N. Wickham Road in Melbourne, will present "Messiah" by the Brevard Community Chorus on Saturday, Dec. 14. Tickets for the event are $25 for adults, $20 for military/seniors, and $8 for children/student. The concert will feature Handel's Immortal Oratorio with 130 voices and professional soloists. For more information 321-242-2219 or go to www.kingcenter.com
• Duke Ellinton's Nutcracker: The Space Coast Symphony Jazz Orchestra will preform "Duke Ellington's Nutckracker and A New Orleans Christmas" at 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. at the Scott Center for the Performing Arts. The concert will take palce on Saturday, Dec. 14 at 5625 Holy Trinity Drive in Melbourne. Tickets are $25 for advanced purchase ($30 at the door), and free for those 18 years and under with student ID. For tickets or more information, call 855-252-7276.
Tuesday, Dec. 17
• Michael Law: 'Tis the Season: The Historical Cocoa Village Playhouse will present "Michael Law: 'Tis the Season" on Tuesday, Dec. 17 at 7:30 p.m. ‘Tis the Season, indeed with the return of one of our favorites, Michael Law! The Holidays wouldn’t be complete at the Playhouse without the night of energetic comedy mingled with the touching poignancy of Christmas that only Michael can bring to the stage. Featuring special guests and a live band, you’ll be tapping your toes and humming along with this variety show reminiscent of the live TV classic’s like The Carol Burnett Show and The Andy Williams Show. Tickets start at $26. For more information and tickets, visit www.cocoavillageplayhouse.com
Sunday, Dec. 22
• A Christmas Carol: This celebrated Charles Jones adaptation of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol from Nebraska Theatre Caravan is rich with thrilling ensemble music, alive with color and movement and is created to tell this great and enduring tale in a manner that people of all ages will enjoy. Woven throughout this classic tale are beautiful new arrangements and moving renditions of holiday songs such as “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen,” “Wassail Wassail,” “Good Christian Men Rejoice,” “Away in a Manger,” “Greensleeves,” “The Boar’s Head Carol,” and many more. Featuring a cast of 23 performers, live musicians, and Broadway-style scenery and costumes, audiences cherish this sumptuous holiday classic. The performance will take place on Sunday, Dec. 22 at 7 p.m. Tickets start at 28.50 for general admission, and $21 for children. A Christmas Carol will be performed at the King's Center, located at 3865 N. Wickham Road in Melbourne. For more information, call 321-242-2219 or go to www.kingcenter.com.
Friday, Dec. 27
- Saturday, Dec. 28
• Howl at the Moon Kiss 2019 Goodbye: The Riverside Theatre, located at 3250 Riverside Park Drive in Vero Beach will present Howl at the Moon on Friday and Saturday, Dec. 27-28 at 7:30 p.m. More than a dueling pianos show, Howl at the Moon is a high-energy music show. Come sing, dance, and howl as the most talented musicians perform your favorite rock, pop, and dance hits and you party like it’s 2019 . Free music at Live in the Loop outdoor stage. Performances take place on the Waxlax Stage at Riverside Theatre. Local musicians will continue to perform on our outdoor stage between Howl performances. Tickets are $12-$22. For more information or ticket purchases, call 772-231-5860 or visit www.riversidetheatre.com.
Tuesday, Dec. 31
• New Years Eve Dance and Gala: Swingtime Dance will present a New Years Eve Dance and Gala on Tuesday, Dec. 31 beginning at 7 p.m. at the Melbourne Auditorium, located at 625 E. Hibiscus Boulevard in Melbourne. Special tickets are required for $125 per person. Swingtime will transport attendees back to the time when New Year’s was an elegant affair, with open bar, dancing to the 22-piece Swingtime band and vocalists, full dinner, balloon drop and champagne toast. This special event sells out every year. For more information or ticket purches, call 321-724-0555 or visit www.melbournemunicipalband.org.
• New Years at The Grand Manor: The Grand Manor, 1450 Sarno Road in
Melbourne, is hosting their 3rd Annual New Years Eve Party on Tuesday, Dec. 31 beginning at 7:30 p.m. Ticket price, of $60, includes appetizer buffet and two free drinks! Cash bar all night. Your choice of seating in either the ballroom (loud party atmosphere with We Love to Party DJs) or inside our restaurant and bar The Grill at 1450 (slightly quieter atmosphere with live jazz.) No matter where your table is, you will have access to both rooms for the whole party! At midnight, we will ring in the New Year and the New Decade with a champagne toast, confetti and balloon drop. Attendees must be 16 and older. For more information or ticket purchases visit Eventbrite.com or call 321-425-4598.
•"Hearts Rock for Kids" Festival: Kiwanis Club of Melbourne presents "Hearts Rock for Kids Festival" on February 1st, 2020 at West Melbourne Community Park, located at 3000 Minton Road in Melbourne. Kick off the Valentine's Month with a great ,family friendly, fun filled day! Live music with rock band Positive chaos, jazz bands! Play games, win prizes, have fun in helicopter simulator, Art competitions, cookie decorations, wiffle ball and so much more! For adults and those young at heart, silent action, fabulous vendors with arts and crafts, and of course outh watering offering with food trucks! All the proceeds go in their entirety to Kiwanis programs such as Herb Schulman Shoe Fund Closet for kids, College Scholarships, Children’s play workshops and Youth Leadership programs such as K-Kids and Key Clubs, and many, many more. For Exhibitor Application and further details, please email: email@example.com or call Dr. Jaya Prakash at 630-715-6881. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/MelbourneKiwanis/
•Brevard County Renaissance Festival: It is a time of Legends; history takes place upon the High Seas, stretching along the lands of Middle Earth and through Royal Kingdoms up unto the peaks of the Highlands. Join Us for Four weekends and a place in time in which Legends are made. Gather one and all for the 5th Season of the Brevard Renaissance Fair in Forest of Wickham Park in Melbourne, FL. A full cast of colorful characters fill the lands with music, dancing, and more. With over 70 stage shows daily, varieties of foods and treats and numerous artisan merchants with handcrafted wares, the Brevard Renaissance Fair invites guests to immerse themselves in an unique experience of History and Fantasy. Dates for the festival are January 11 – 12, 18 – 20, 25 – 27 February 1 – 2, 2020. Tickets are $20 per adult, $10 for children (5-11 years old). For more information, visit www.brevardrenaissancefair.com