Friday, Jan. 10
•‘Arsenic & Old Lace’ at Surfside: Elderberry wine, anyone? A true comedy classic, Arsenic and Old Lace opens Friday, January 10 during the 60th Anniversary Season of the Surfside Playhouse, located at 301 Ramp Road in Cocoa Beach. Set in Brooklyn, New York in the 1930’s, the delightful farce follows Mortimer Brewster (played by Edward Johnson), a successful newspaperman who discovers that insanity in his family has taken a murderous turn. Adult tickets to all shows are $25, Senior/Military/Student tickets are $22. Children 12 and under are $10. Tickets are available at the door or through the theatre website at www.SurfsidePlayhouse.com. For more information, call 321-783-3127.
Saturday, Jan. 11 - Feb. 2
•Brevard County Renaissance Festival: It is a time of Legends; history takes place upon the High Seas, stretching along the lands of Middle Earth and through Royal Kingdoms up unto the peaks of the Highlands. Join Us for Four weekends and a place in time in which Legends are made. Gather one and all for the 5th Season of the Brevard Renaissance Fair in Forest of Wickham Park in Melbourne, FL. A full cast of colorful characters fill the lands with music, dancing, and more. With over 70 stage shows daily, varieties of foods and treats and numerous artisan merchants with handcrafted wares, the Brevard Renaissance Fair invites guests to immerse themselves in an unique experience of History and Fantasy. Dates for the festival are January 11 – 12, 18 – 20, 25 – 27 February 1 – 2, 2020. Tickets are $20 per adult, $10 for children (5-11 years old). For more information, visit www.brevardrenaissancefair.com
Saturday, Jan. 18
• Craig Singleton & the Big City Band: Party to the Big Sound of the popular band "Craid Singleton & the Big City Band". The event is hosted by the EL DOEs of Elks Lodge 2714, located at 731 S. Fleming Street in Sebastian. Make it a party, guests may bring their own snacks. The event will run from 6-9 p.m. Tickets are $12 per person and available in the Lodge. For more information, call (772) 589-1516
• Cuban Art at Foosner: The Foosner Art Museum presents "From Volumen Uno to Pure: Memoirs of the artist collectives that reshaped Cuban Art" a gallery talk with Ciro Quintana and Ana Albertina Delgado on Saturday, Jan. 18 Cost is free for members and $5 for nonmembers. The Foosner Art Gallery is located at 1463 Highland Avenue in Melbourne. For more information, call (321) 674-8916 or visit www.foosanerartmuseum.org
Wendesday, Jan. 15 - Thursday, Jan. 16
• Big Bad Classics: Swingtime will present “Big Band Classics” on January 15 and 16, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. at the Melbourne Auditorium, 625 Hibiscus Blvd. There is no charge for the concert and tickets are not required. Conductor Art Martin will lead Swingtime as the band transports listeners back in time with the most popular selections of the Big Band era. Len Fallen will be the vocalist, and the concert will feature guest artists Charlie Almeida, on clarinet, and Dave Scarborough, on trombone. Drummer Joey Egan also will be featured on Benny Goodman’s Sing, Sing, Sing. Pre-show entertainment will be provided by the Clarinetics. Doors open at 6:30. For more information, call 724-0555 or visit www.melbournemunicipalband.org
Saturday, Jan. 20
• 9th Annual Florida Key Lime Pie Festival: The Florida Key Lime Pie Company will be presenting the 9th Annual Florida Key Lime Pie Festival on Saturday, January 20th, 2020. The Festival will be held at the Veterans Memorial Park located at 400 Sykes Creek Parkway in Merritt Island, Florida. Cost is $10.00 for Adult Admission and $5.00 Child Admission (12 and under) Children Under 4 are free The Florida Key Lime Pie Company will be offering their World-Famous Key Lime Pie as “Key Lime Pie in a Cup”, “Key Lime Pie by the Slice” and Whole Key Lime Pies. Highlights of the event will include a “Key Lime Pie Hula Hoop Challenge”, “Key Lime Pie Jump Rope Competition”, “Key Lime Pie Toss Competition” and ever popular “Key Lime Pie Eating Contest”. There will be ongoing outstanding Live Music to include special guest appearances from America’s Got Talent Finalist and Wildcard Ansley Burns and Selkii from The Voice Season 16. The Festival offers spectacular nationally featured Street Performers and Local Florida Vendors throughout the Festival as well as an inclusive Kids Zone and Wildlife Show. This year’s Festival will feature an array of some of the Space and Treasure Coast’s Best Food Trucks, and an outstanding selection of Florida Hand Crafted Beers and Key Lime Libations.
Friday, Jan. 24
•Sock Hop with Melbourne Municipal Band: Rock & Roll Revue, an ensemble of the Melbourne Municipal Band (MMB), will again present one of its very popular 50s-style sock hops on Friday, January 24, beginning at 7 p.m. at the Melbourne Auditorium, 625 Hibiscus Blvd. 50s dress is optional. Rock & Roll Revue is a 12-piece group that plays music from the 1950s and 1960s. It includes an eight-piece combo, singer Len Fallen, and the Swingtimers Vocal Trio – Connie Maltby, Diana Sageser and Dave Hutson. All tickets are $12.00. Reserve is seating available online at the MMB website, www.melbournemunicipalband.org. Also, a small number of reserved seats are available at the ticket outlets: Marion Music, Guitar Haven, Ocean Sports World, Genesis Boutique, Bold Cup Coffee at The Avenues Viera and Jan’s You-Frame-It in Cocoa Village. Tickets will be available at the door until capacity is reached. For more information contact MMB Auxiliary President Marci Hutson at 321-339-7705.
• Lysander Piano Trio concert: On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 7:30 PM at St. Mark's Church, Indialantic, FL, the Melbourne Chamber Music Society will present the Lysander Piano Trio in a concert of the music of Mozart, Brahms, and Dvorak. Tickets are $35 adults, and $10 students, and are available at 321-213-5100, at the door, or online at www.MelbourneChamberMusicSociety.org
•Art for Wildlife: The annual Space Coast Birding and Wildlife Festival brings visitors from all over the world to celebrate our unique environment. The Downtown Art Gallery will partner with the Merritt Island Wildlife Association to present it’s 10th Art for Wildlife event. “2020: A Focus on Wildlife” exhibit opens on Friday, January 24, 2020 with a reception from 5-9 p.m. at the Downtown Art Gallery, located at 335 S. Washington Avenue in historic downtown Titusville. The exhibit features work by local artists focusing on wildlife found in the local area including birds, sea turtles, manatees, and bobcats as well as stunning views of the local environment. Enjoy an array of delectable wines and light hors d’oeuvres and enter drawings for amazing wildlife inspired Gift Baskets. Drawing donations and a portion of all sales that night will benefit the Merritt Island Wildlife Association. For details and information on Sponsorship opportunities contact Heidi at the Downtown Art Gallery at 321-268-0122.
• Luminous Wax Exhibit: On Friday January 24, from 6 -9 pm, the Studios of Cocoa Beach, 165 Minuteman Causeway in downtown Cocoa Beach, is holding a reception for their newest exhibit “Luminous Wax”, a guest artist exhibit exploring encaustic medium. Encaustic is an ancient technique, favored by the Greeks and Romans, using hot wax mixed with colored pigments. A resurgence in popularity finds artists using various ways to heat and manipulate the wax, producing dimensional effects, adding collage materials and layered effects. Although technically challenging, the technique is prized for its dimensional quality and luminous colors. Artists in the exhibit include Shelley Jean, Alan Lindenmuth, Thomas Carmon, Judy Pickett, Kathy Stutzman, Sally Auman, Linda Lopez, Francine Michel, and Ali Lanenga. The exhibit will be judged by Megan Boye,Independent Curator and Arts Advocate. During the evening event awards will be announced and visitors can meet the guest artists as well as Studio members. “Luminous Wax” will be on display through March 23, 2020 during regular Studio hours. Monday and Tuesday 10:30 am to 3:30 pm, Wednesday to Saturday 10:30 am to 8:00 pm, and Sunday 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. For more information on the exhibit and this non-profit gallery, call 321-613-3480 or visit the website www.studiosofcocoabeach.org.
Sunday, Jan. 26
• Guild of Organist Recital: On "Members' Organ Recital", The Space Coast Chapter of the American Guild of Organists and the Ascension Lutheran Church, located at 1053 Pinetree Drive in Indian Harbour Beach, are pleased to present a Members' Organ Recital on the mighty pipe organ of 1512 pipes followed by a reception. The event is free, but donations are welcomed. The public is welcome to listen to a variety of pipe organ music and other musical instruments by professional organists and musicians of Space Coast Florida. The program will include classical and popular works for an audience of all ages to enjoy. For information: 321-610-8613 or 321-773-1815
Saturday, Feb. 1
•"Hearts Rock for Kids" Festival: Kiwanis Club of Melbourne presents "Hearts Rock for Kids Festival" on February 1st, 2020 at West Melbourne Community Park, located at 3000 Minton Road in Melbourne. Kick off the Valentine's Month with a great ,family friendly, fun filled day! Live music with rock band Positive chaos, jazz bands! Play games, win prizes, have fun in helicopter simulator, Art competitions, cookie decorations, wiffle ball and so much more! For adults and those young at heart, silent action, fabulous vendors with arts and crafts, and of course our watering offering with food trucks! All the proceeds go in their entirety to Kiwanis programs such as Herb Schulman Shoe Fund Closet for kids, College Scholarships, Children’s play workshops and Youth Leadership programs such as K-Kids and Key Clubs, and many, many more. For Exhibitor Application and further details, please email: email@example.com or call Dr. Jaya Prakash at 630-715-6881. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/MelbourneKiwanis/
Tuesday, Feb. 4 - Sunday, Feb. 23
• Lost in Yonkers at Riverside: Written by Neil Simon and set in Yonkers, New York, in 1942, Lost in Yonkers is the Tony® Award and Pulitzer Prize-winning drama about two brothers who are sent to live with their stern German grandmother after their mother’s death. Placed there by their traveling salesman father, the boys find themselves contending with new realities - a childlike aunt, a gangster uncle, and a dad who is never there. Showtimes are February 4, 5, 6, 12, 13, 18, 19 & 20 at 7:30 p.m., Feb. 5, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 19, 22 & 23 at 2 p.m., Feb. 7, 8, 14, 15, 21 & 22 at 8 p.m. Tickets starting at $35. Performances take place on the Stark Stage @ Riverside Theatre. For more information or ticket purchases, call 772-231-5860 or visit www.riversidetheatre.com.
Friday, Feb. 7 - Saturday, Feb. 8
• “Ocean Waves” Quilt Show: The Seaside Piecemakers Quilt Guild will host a Timeless Treasures “Ocean Waves” Quilt Show Friday, Feb. 7 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, Feb. 8 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The show will feature over 200 quilts on display, vendors, silent auction, boutique and will take place at the Wickham Park Community Center, located at 2815 Leisure Way in Melbourne. Tickets for the show are $10. For information, call Kathy Baker at 978-265-0552 or visit www.seasidepiecemakers.com.
Friday, Feb. 7
• Jazz Friday at Foosner: The Foosner Art Museum presents Jazz Friday with Winston Scott from 5:30-7:30 on Friday, Jan 3, in the Harris Auditorium. The Foosner Art Museum is located at 1463 Highland Avenue in Melbourne. Tickets are free for museum members and $10 for guests. For more information, call (321) 674-8916 or visit www.foosanerartmuseum.org
Saturday, Feb. 8
• 35th Chowder Cook-Off: The 35th annual Space Coast Food Festival 35th Chowder Cook-Off presented by Boniface Hiers will take place on Saturday, Feb. 8 from 5-9 p.m. at Inside Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal 1 in Cape Canaveral. This long standing popular event is sure to be a great time with unlimited samples of Chowders, Twists (non-chowders) and in 2020 - Desserts. Enjoy Music by Hot Pink. Vendor Showcase, Silent Auction and Cash Bar sponsored by Carroll Distributing introducing Bud Light Seltzers and Babe Wines, along with your favorite beers and drinks. Defending their 2019 titles: Judges 1st place Chowder - Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront ; 1st Place Twist Grills Seafood Deck & Tiki Bar Cast your vote for the People’s Choice! Facebook Event updates: @spacecoastfoodfestival Ticket Information: General admission tickets with a 6pm entry time are $25 in advance, $30 at the door. VIP tickets are $40 in advance, $50 at the door 5pm entry; and limited Connoisseur level at $75 entry. Tickets at EventBrite or http://business.cocoabeachchamber.com/
• Champagne & Chocolate Sweethearts Sip & Stroll: On Saturday, Feb 8, from 5-9 p.m., grab your sweetheart and come on down to Historic Cocoa Village for the Champagne & Chocolate Sweethearts Sip & Stroll. In addition to our normal offering of wine and beer sampling and snacks, our merchants may have either champagne or sparkling wine and something chocolate. Check-in is from 5 till 7 p.m. in the gazebo. For the ticket price of $25, you will receive a Sip & Stroll commemorative wine or beer glass, a shopping bag and a map of the participating merchants. Don’t forget – your ticket purchase automatically enters you into the drawing for one of our fabulous gift baskets. For each of the Treasure Zone businesses visited, (marked in red on the map), a chance to win the special Treasure Zone basket is earned. That’s one additional chance to win for each Treasure Zone business visited. Then the fun begins…stroll through the streets of Cocoa Village sampling beer and wines, enjoying treats and taking advantage of merchants’ special deals. While browsing our many unique shops, you will find that perfect gift for your sweetheart! Event usually sells out. Buy your tickets early! Questions? Call Susan at 321-631-9075. Tickets are available at Ossorio Café & Bakery or online at Eventbrite.com
• Space Coast Wing Battle: On Saturday, Feb. 8 Viera Regional Park, in partnership with The Children's Hunger Project, will host the Space Coast Wing Battle - all you can eat wings, unlimited samplings, 17 Space Coast competitors, craft beer and specialty drinks available. Tickets start at $40. The event runs from 6-10 p.m. at 2300 Judge Fran Jamieson Way in Melbourne. For ticket purchases and more information, visit www.spacecoastwingbattle.com.