Due to COVID-19, it is suggested that readers call and make sure the event is taking place as listed.
Friday Feb 5
• Kaleidoscope 2021: The Eau Gallery has issued a call for art and prospectus for Kaleidoscope 2021. The show will "explore the many facets of art." No more than 50 works will be accepted into the exhibit. A panel of three artists will jury the exhibit and a separate judge will select the award winners. Over $1,500 in awards will be issued.
The exhibit is open to all artists over 18 years of age who are full-time or seasonal Florida residents. All 2D and 3D mediums are eligible. Your art must be appropriate for viewing by all ages.
Click on this link to see the rules for submitting your artwork - https://tinyurl.com/y4my9ce6.
When you have printed out and completed your application form bring it to Eau Gallery or mail it to - Eau Gallery, 1429 Highland Ave. Melbourne, FL. 32935.
The Eau Gallery is open Monday-Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Don't forget to include your check made out to Eau Gallery, Inc.
Kaleidoscope 2021 opens on Friday Feb. 5 and runs through Sunday March 7. Important update for all artists entering - your photo images must be sent to > firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday Feb. 6
• Book Sale: The Friends of the Melbourne Public Library are holding a mini books sale Feb. 6 from 9:30 to 12:30 outside the library, and and from 9 to 5 p.m. at the used bookstore inside the library. Buy one book for $1 and get another one free! And raffle tickets are available for hand made dolls! The Melbourne Public Library is located at 540 E. Fee Street in Melbourne.
Sunday Feb. 7
• Super Bowl Party: Come watch Super Bowl LV on our giant 130” TV and enjoy a three course Italian dinner at the Italian American Club, 1471 Cypress Ave.; Melbourne. Doors open at 5:30 pm and advance tickets are $10 and $15 at the door. Call 321-242-8044 for tickets.
• Tailgate Festival: 1st Annual Tailgate Car & Truck Show will be held Sunday Feb. 7 at the Space Coast Stadium. It starts at 10 a.m. There will be Florida wildlife on display, food trucks on site, kickball for the kids and a car and truck show, and watch the 'Big Game' on the 65-foot videoboard. Veterans organizations will be onsite. Free entry. 5$ parking. The Space Coast Stadium is located at 5800 Stadium Pkwy in Viera. To learn more go to usssaspacecoast.com
Friday Feb 12
Tru Phonic jams The Crying Monk: Head to Cocoa Village February 12 from 8 p.m. to midnight to see Tru Phonic, the recent winners of "Best of the Space Coast" jam. Their excellent jam, funk & rock sound can be heard on their upcoming debut album. Tru Phonic features one of the Space Coast’s best drummers, Jake Hogeland. The Crying Monk is one of the Space Coast’s newest and best venues with a great food menu & multiple bars. The Crying Monk is located at 333 King Street in Cocoa Village.
Saturday Feb. 13
• A Romantic Night: The Brevard Music Group presents "A Romantic Night In' with Dave Koz and Brian McKnight with Special Guest Shelea. This is a one night only LIVESTREAM concert that takes place online on Saturday Feb. 13 starting at 8 p.m.
When you purchase a $35 ticket to this virtual concert, you'll receive a link to the virtual concert for one device.
Included in the ticket price will be an exclusive digital copy of the “A Romantic Night In” EP, a collection of Koz’s most romantic songs. BMG Rights Management receives a small portion of the $35 ticket price. All proceeds from this virtual concert will be donated to the Regalitos Foundation Emerging Artists Series.
Click on this link to purchase your virtual concert ticket > https://app.loopedlive.com/presented-by-brevard-music/talent/165747/events/?eventId=3145
For more information about this event you can call - (321) 783-9004.
The Brevard Music Group is proud to be chosen as one of the Florida presenters for this unique and fun VIRTUAL concert by Dave Koz and his friends!
• Brewer's Bash: If you came last year, you know it’s a can’t miss! If you didn’t, trust us, you want to be here! Cocoa Village's 2nd Annual Brewer’s Bash will be held Saturday, Feb. 13 from 1-5 p.m. at Riverfront Park. Even more Micro Breweries will be here with samples of their best brews! HOT PINK will be on stage! Food trucks! Pet friendly! Hosted by Dirty Oar Beer Company & Village Idiot Pub.
Sunday Feb. 14
For the Love of Paws: A Valentine’s Day Celebration, “For the Love of Paws”, will be held on Sunday Feb. 14 at 'Keep It Local Brevard' catering in Cocoa Village. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Bring your canine companion, enjoy a delicious meal of your choice, practice social distancing, and join us for an afternoon of fun, including raffle baskets and door prizes.
All pets must be on a leash, or in appropriate carriers, and have current vaccinations and county tags for the safety of our animals and friends.
Tickets are $20.00 per person in advance; $25.00 day of event. Tickets are available at Tails at the Barkery; Keep It Local Brevard; or on-line at www.schnauzerloverescue.net.
The event is hosted by Tails at the Barkery. The proceeds will benefit Schnauzer Love Rescue, Inc., an all-volunteer, nonprofit rescue devoted to finding homes for all Miniature Schnauzers who are abandoned and unwanted and those whose families need to relinquish their pet.
Wednesday Feb. 17
Mini Golf: Register yourself and/or your team for mini golf at the Andretti Thrill Park in Melbourne. Put together your own team or team up at the event to go 18 holes for a chance to win the coveted Mini Golf Team Champions Trophy or just come to watch and network at this family-friendly event! It will be fun for everyone and a great way to be together, yet socially distanced! There will be food, drinks, prizes, and a little competition. It's a great opportunity to share your marketing message! This event is sponsored by the Greater Palm Bay Chamber of Commerce. For more information about sponsorship opportunities email Cindy Hunt at email@example.com. The Andretti Thrill Park is located at 3960 Babcock St in Melbourne.
Saturday Feb. 20
Pirate Costume Bash and Festival!: Pirates didn't bury their treaure, they partied! Mark your calendars for Saturday Feb. 20 for the most intense pirate gathering on Florida's Space Coast! The 18th Annual Piurate Costume Bash and Festival!
Its a one day Pirate fest at 'Squid Lips on the Indian River in the Eau Gallie neighborhood of Melbourne. Come parley for doors prizes, costume contests and more. FREE admission and lots of FREE parking.
At noon Sunnyland Steve performs pirate and other nautical tunes. Another band will play the afternoon. Then at 6 p.m. PANAMA BAND in PIRATE GARB performs. They won 5 awards at 2013 Brevard Live Music Awards including best cover band!
Come dance like pirates! PLUS Adelphire Belly Dancers and Panama Pearls Pirate World.
Special fundraising activities to benefit the National Kidney Foundation of Florida. Melbourne Avian Rescue Sanctuary will be providing photo ops with their birds. Join us for an unforgettable day & evening of piratical fun! Learn more at -
https://madhatterpromotions.com/2021-18th-annual-pirate-bash-festival.php. Squid Lips is located at 1477 Pineapple Avenue in Melbourne.
• Space Auction: The American Space Museum Charity Space Memorabilia Auction #14 will be virtually only. It is happening on Saturday Feb. 20 at 12 noon. The auction includes 350 lots of astronaut autographs, space-flown items and historic badges and photographs—deemed authentic by the museum’s professional memorabilia analyst. Be ready to start live bidding at Noon, Saturday, Feb. 20. It is a beautiful way to support the non-profit American Space Museum that has been preserving space history for 20 years. Register ahead of time. Here’s the link: - https://spacewalkoffame.org/news-and-events/auctions-appraisals.
Saturday Feb. 20 & Sunday Feb. 21
• Classic Car Show @ the Strawberry Fest: Bring your classic cars and your entire family to the Strawberry Fest at Wickham Park on Saturday Feb. 20 & Sunday Feb. 21. Rain or shine! Enjoy Plant City strawberries, a free bounce house, delicious food, pony rides, and arts & crafts. There will be a berry cute baby contest, train rides, face paintings and a hula hoop contest for the kids along with plenty of strawberry shortcake, strawberry fudge, and strawberry lemonade.
All proceeds go to charity.
Wickham Park is located at 2500 Parkway Dr. in Melbourne. learn more at www.melbournefest.com.
The classic car and truck contest will award $50 in strawberry bucks and a certificate for 1st place and $25 in strawberry bucks and a certificate for 2nd place.
Vehciles must arrive between 10 and 11 a.m.. There is a $10 registration fee per day which includes admission to the Strawberry Fest. Sponsored by Buckler Shows. Call (366) 860-0092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through Sunday Feb. 28
• Mini Solo Exhibitions: The Studios of Cocoa Beach has opened the first in a series of mini solo exhibitions. The exhibitions features three local artists, highlighting one aspect of their work. The show opened Tuesday Jan. 12 and has been extended until Sunday Feb. 28.
Delia Swenson is an accomplished painter who began painting in oils in 2009. While she paints many varied themes, this exhibit highlights her talent for translating nature to the canvas. Each piece evokes a unique mood. Her red poppies are full of energy, seeming to jump off the canvas. In contrast, the texture and subtlety of her white flowers evoke calm and serenity.
Debora Tweedie is a marine biologist who taught for 36 years. She excels in photography and mixed media. All her art flows from her love of nature. She uses her camera to capture the ordinary and transform it into the beautiful, mysterious, playful and sometimes even unrecognizable images before you.
Tiffany Allen is also a photographer and the exhibit features her “All Washed Up” series. The photographs depict discarded items that she finds on local beaches , or in the case of a piano, the East River in New York City. When possible, Tiffany collects the items and transforms them into whimsical sculptures.
The Studios of Cocoa Beach gallery is located at 165 Minuteman Causeway in downtown Cocoa Beach.
The Studios of Cocoa Beach is home to 35 local artists working in a variety of mediums. They are open most days but check the calendar on their website to confirm hours at www.studiosofococabeach.org
Saturday March 6
• Forever Jaz: Jazmin performs live at the Space Coast Convention Center in Cocoa on Saturday March 6 at 8 p.m. To purchase tickets call (321) 783-9004. This concert will also be streamed LIVE on the BMG's YouTube channel and Roland's Facebook page. The Space Coast Convention Center is located at 301 Tucker Lane in Cocoa.
Saturday March 6 & Sunday March 7
Cocoa Village Arts: Historic Cocoa Village is set for a terrific Art & Craft season that kicks off with the Spring Fine Art & Craft Fair on Saturday March 6 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sunday March 7 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Once again we will be offering cash and awards totaling $6,600 for the Spring Fine Art Fair. If your do not have your reservation in for this Fair, it is time to go to visitCocoaVillage.com and complete your application so that we know you are coming. We are filling up fast. For the Spring Art & Craft Fair that deadline will be February 24. This event will be compliant with all City of Cocoa mask and COVID 19 ordinances in place. For more information call 321-631-9075 or log into - info@VisitCocoaVillage.com. See you at the Fair!!
Friday March 5, Saturday March 6 & Sunday March 7
• Garage Sale: Operation America Standing in Support known as OASIS seeks donated items to sell at a garage sale to raise funds for ongoing efforts to promote the moral and welfare of U.S. troops stationed overseas and their families here at home. The garage sale is planned for the weekend of March 6-8. It will be held at 4230 Mount Vernon Avenue in Titusville. Let us know if you have something to donate! Every little bit helps. Volunteers are welcome to help. Contact Laura at (321) 607-0195; Beth at (321) 208-6953; or Tess at (321) 243-7753. We believe that we can make a difference together. Thank you for supporting our troops! On Friday March 5 and Saturday March 6, it'll run from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Then on Sunday March 7 it'll run from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. OASIS is a 501c3 organization that provides thoughtful care packages, card writing campaigns, arrival greetings and more. Their goal is to support members of the military overseas until they come home. Learn more about OASIS here > http://www.oasisofcfl.org/
Sunday March 7
Smooth Jazz Sunday: Regalitos Foundation presents Smooth Jazz Sunday with saxophonist Marcus Anderson at the Space Coast Convention Center on Sunday March 7 at 4 p.m. Featuring Ron Reinhardt on keyboards, Tim George on bass, and Dave Reinhardt on drums. To purchase your Marcus Anderson tickets call (321) 783-9004. Produced by the Brevard Music Group. The Space Coast Convention Center is located at 301 Tucker Lane in Cocoa.
Wednesday July 21 & Thursday July 22
• Digital Marketing, Conference: The 6th annual DigiMarCon America, the Premier Virtual Digital Marketing, Media and Advertising Conference in America will be held July 21 to 22, 2021. The cost is $147.
The conference is available to live stream and on-demand. DigiMarCon America 2021 is your chance to hear from some of the most audacious and thought provoking speakers in the digital marketing, media and advertising industry.
Gain insight into emerging strategies, the latest innovative technologies, and best practices to move your business to the next level.
Network with thought leaders, collaborate with your peers and build your professional network.
Join your peers online for 2-days jam packed with digital marketing best practices, latest trends, practical solutions, strategy and networking. Immerse yourself in topics like digital strategy, programmatic advertising, web experience management, usability/ design, mobile marketing & retargeting, customer engagement, user acquisition, social media marketing, targeting & optimization and much, much more!
At DigiMarCon America 2021, you will receive all the elements you need to achieve digital marketing success! Conventional thought will be challenged, new ways of thinking will emerge, and you will leave with your head, notebooks and professional toolkit full of action items and ideas.
Be a part of DigiMarCon America 2021 and discover how to thrive and succeed as a marketer in a rapidly evolving digital world.
See why people keep coming back year after year to this must-attend event!
Register and secure your seat today. For more details visit https://digimarconamerica.com.
• January Artist of the Month: Christine Velez Stone of Titusville is the January Artist of the Month at the Studios of Cocoa Beach. The brilliant acrylic paintings of this designer artist are on display at the Studios of Cocoa Beach every day until Sunday, January 31. The big, bright and bold paintings depict happy, care free events and places. Her award wining paintings have been in art shows and exhibits throughout Florida.
As a child Christine’s father was often gone on business trips and she communicated by drawing pictures. Seeing her talent, her family enrolled her in art classes and her studies continued in school. She received an art scholarship and earned an AA in Visual Arts at Berkshire Community College in Massachusetts.She then moved to Columbia to spend time with her late father’s family. While there she spent three years studying art and design at La Academia Superior de Arte in Medellin. This led to work as a designer and painter including murals, trompe l’oeil , faux finishes, and set design for theater groups.
At this time, the Studios of Cocoa Beach is open limited most days from 10:30 to 3:30, and some evenings. Hours are subject to change as volunteers are available. Check the website calendar at www.studiosofcocoabeach.org for confirmation or call 321-613-3480 to schedule an appointment. Studios of Cocoa Beach is located at 165 Minuteman Causeway Cocoa Beach.