BREVARD - The Florida Department of Health in Brevard County is working with the Florida Division of Emergency Management, local hospitals, and state health officials to administer the COVID-19 vaccination at various sites across the county.
Those efforts include:
• For the week ending January 8, 2021, DOH-Brevard administered 3,092 doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
That included the appointment-only drive-through vaccination efforts at the DOH-Brevard Viera clinic and doses provided through signed agreements to Brevard County Fire Rescue and Cape Canaveral Fire Rescue to vaccinate where front-line, high-risk personnel received the vaccine.
• Coastal Health Systems of Brevard, Indialantic Fire Rescue, and Satellite Beach Fire Rescue also have signed agreements and are working with DOH-Brevard to begin administering the vaccine this week.
• DOH-Brevard worked with Brevard County Emergency Management to streamline the reservation process and provide messaging to the public through the county’s social media platforms.
• No additional appointments are available at this time, however, once DOH-Brevard receives additional vaccine, more appointments will be made available.
• To receive text alerts from Brevard County Emergency Management when additional appointments are available, text Brevard EOC to 888777.
The Florida Department of Health in Brevard County continues to fight to protect health and safety as the rollout of COVID-19 vaccine continues. About the Florida Department of Health The Florida Department of Health, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.
In an effort to keep Florida residents and visitors safe and aware regarding the status of the virus, the Florida Department of Health in Brevard County will continue to issue this update every week. County health departments have an important role to play in administering vaccine.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @HealthyFla. For more information please visit www.FloridaHealth.gov.