MELBOURNE - Throughout the year, Women In Defense, Space Coast Chapter, recognizes special individuals and businesses that go above and beyond in their support of STEM in the community. It is important that those who contribute their time, effort, and resources to supporting youthful talent on the Space Coast are formally recognized.
Space Coast STEM Council of SCWID will accept nominations to recognize individuals, organizations, and companies for their innovation supporting STEM using the below criteria in one or more of the following areas:
• STEM Leadership Star of the Year: Outstanding effort in supporting/promoting STEM within the community and how they raised awareness or promoted STEM
• STEM Business Innovator of the Year: Work with or develop STEM-related projects by partnering with students (e.g., mentoring or participating in STEM events like the Robotics Showcase, a Golf Tournament, etc.) or by leading or developing a project that students used in some form that enhances STEM awareness
• STEM Non-Profit Innovator of the Year: Develop STEM-related curriculum within an education system (e.g., this could also be through a partnering project)
• STEM Educator of the Year: Increase the opportunities for students and teachers to get to know positive, real-life individuals in STEM careers by providing volunteers and/or funding in the form of grants or sponsorships to promote STEM projects and/or awareness in an educational setting
• STEM Mentor of the Year: Strengthen and/or expand opportunities for students to do and learn science in after-school settings
Nominations can be made by visiting: http://scwid.org/stem-education-innovation-award-nomination/ or by sending nominations to email@example.com. Please include the following information:
• Name/Company nominated for respective award
• Nominee Contact Info: Name, email address, phone number
• A short, one paragraph nomination narrative describing the nominee’s contributions
• Nominator’s name, email address, and phone number
Awards will be presented at the 8th SCWID Anniversary Celebration tentatively scheduled for Saturday, January 30, 2021 at the Marriott Courtyard, 3435 N. Atlantic Avenue, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931. Registration for this exciting event will open soon. Please visit www.scwid.org for updates.
If you would like more information about these awards, please contact Leslie Tibbetts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-258-8504. Nominations close Dec. 21.